Camp Enterprise Goal: To give opportunities to high school juniors who show interest and abilities to learn the concept of business enterprise and team building through an agenda packed 3-day offsite camp experience in the mountains of Julian, California.
Committee Member Opportunities: Camp Enterprise is a large event that requires participation of up to 40 committee members consisting of both San Diego Club Rotarians and SDSU Rotaracts. Several members are involved from year to year to ensure the continued succession of the club’s signature program. The following key committees are created annually for Camp Enterprise:
• Steering Committee – meets monthly from September through March and provides the detailed planning, coordination, and oversight for the 3-day Camp.
• Schools Chair/committee – Partners with the San Diego City School district and other legacy children schools to manage nominated students for camp attendance.
• Operations Chair/committee – Coordinates and manages various operational materials and duties while attending camp.
• Facilitators – both returning and “rookie” members partner with a Rotaract to create a triad of facilitators for each of the student business planning teams attending camp.
• Security Chair/committee – ensures the safety of the students while at camp as well as manage bus assignments and travel.
• Leadership speakers – Club members are asked to speak on behalf of various functions to create a learning opportunity for students while attending camp.
Why Join Camp Enterprise?
If you want to make a positive impact on the development of youth, then the Camp Enterprise Committee is for you. The changes these students undergo in three short days is remarkable to observe and hugely rewarding as a Rotarian. New committee members are highly encouraged to start your Camp Enterprise tenure as a rookie facilitator to truly comprehend the Camp Enterprise process as it unfolds over the course of three days.
Please Click here for more information about Camp Enterprise and a short video introduction.
If you have an interest in assisting with Camp Enterprise, contact the chair or vice chair who will advise you on what areas are needed for participation.
Michael W. Brunker
Mark S. Burgess
Thomas M. Cohen
Jordan J. Harrison
Janet H. McDonough
Nathan M. Silver
Donald Teemsma, Jr.
Beatriz A. Valencia