Bring Your Leadership and Passion to our Club!
The San Diego Rotary takes pride in the efforts we have taken to continue to grow and enhance our club and its membership. We strive to include a diverse membership. Current club members span across over 100 professional classifications and include the presidents of major educational institutions, senior level officers in San Diego’s major businesses, partners in leading law firms, executives and directors of fine arts institutions, top officers of city and county governmental organizations, members of the judiciary, many business owners and public affairs senior staff members. We seek to include the following member profiles:
A person who has interest in performing community service including at least one of the below:
- Engaged as a CEO, proprietor, partner, corporate officer or manager of any worthy and recognized business or profession
- Retired from a worthy and recognized business or profession, including any branch of the armed forces of the United States
- A community leader who has demonstrated through personal involvement in community affairs a commitment to service
Has sufficient capability to meet financial requirements of membership (initiation, quarterly dues and lunch meals)
- The standard Annual Dues are $475 per year. Yo Pro’s (Under 40 years of age. Additional details can be found here Young Professionals) and eligible Seniors pay $275 in dues per year.
- For the time period that we meet virtually, in addition to applicable annual dues, every member will be billed a $200 per quarter fee.
- Once we meet in person, weekly program and meals are billed quarterly at the current standard rate of per $35 lunch. Standard members pay whether they attend or not. There are 48 meetings per year.
- The initiation fee is $750, to be paid prior to introduction as a new member. Yo Pro’s pay a $350 donation in lieu of an initiation fee.
- Members are expected to annually contribute at least $350 to be allocated between the San Diego Rotary Club Foundation and Rotary International
- Not belong to any other service organization or another Rotary club
- Have control over his/her calendar and strive to meet a minimum of 50% attendance at our weekly meetings
- Know other club members
- Active participation in at least one of our 60 club committees
Membership is by invitation and requires three sponsors currently within our club and are subject to the recommendation of the Membership and Review Committees and the approval by the San Diego Rotary Board of Directors.
Who Should Consider Becoming a Member of the San Diego Rotary?
A primary consideration on the part of a potential candidate is that he/she is a participating self-starter. San Diego Rotary seeks as members adults who adhere to strong ethical standards, have good reputations and are established professionals who have demonstrated leadership in their business and community activities. Most are engaged as proprietors, partners, corporate officers or senior level managers in a recognized business or profession.
Are you under 40 years old?
Consider joining San Diego Rotary as part of our Young Professional (YoPro) program. A YoPro is a regular member of the San Diego Rotary, with lower dues, limited attendance requirement and a more flexible involvement. Additional details can be found here Young Professionals.
Membership in San Diego Rotary is by invitation only. If you or a colleague are considering becoming a candidate for membership in San Diego Rotary, please click here and fill out the online form. If you have questions about Rotary or membership in San Diego Rotary, please contact Jordan Maharaj, Executive Director of the San Diego Rotary. Every new candidate application is reviewed by the Membership and Review Committees and the San Diego Rotary Board to assure a proper San Diego Rotary fit. There are more than 60 Rotary Clubs in the San Diego District alone. You can locate the club most convenient for you by going to www.rotary5340.org .